Make your own free website on

Child Support/Modification

Of course if you have children and have gone through a divorce, the court generally awards the custodial parent child support and in most cases this is done by how the non-custodial parent earns and how much of a percentage they see and help rear the children.

But, what happens if the non-custodial parent stops paying that weekly of monthly support.  You will most likely have to go back to court and file and Order to Show Cause (OSC) or a Motion to enforce the support payments.  Or if your needs increase you will have to do the same.

On the other hand, if you are the non-custodial parent and find your pay or work hours cut, or you lose your job, you should almost immediatly file and OSC or Motion to reduce your child support payments until you get back to ful time work or you find another job.  If you don't and you don't make your suport payment, you will find yourself with large arrears including penalties and being contacted by the County District Attorney and stand a good chance of having your drivers license suspended until you make arragments with the D.A. about paying back the arrears.

Netscape Now NetZero Tripod MailCity

This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold

Questions about this web site, contact the Webmistress

Last updated12/11/1999